Monday, February 14, 2005

All your fault Cupid.

The Sunday Times Feb 13
pg 10 Titled My bouquet is bigger than yours

Just to drop by to inform you that Monday is Valentine Day. As I was reading the papers, I came across this article and I realize how love can make people do foolish things. Rather than sharing the stupid things that I have done, I have smartly decided to preserve my image and point out how Valentine makes a fool out of (other) men (and women).

*******************************************


Quoted:
But there is no denying of stress. Florists tell of single and unattached women sending flowers to themselves and spending beyond $100 on red roses, tulips or lilies. But they are rare, says Ms Sheila.

Old maids, we are not so stupid as not to be able to see past this lame trick, duh. I bet you are the day's topic of discussion in the pantry.

For those who successfully pull the wool over other eyes, I would like to pose this question, if the others are convinced that you are attached when you are not, wont that make your future chances of getting hitched even slimmer? ALAS! Stupid people!

*****************************************

Quoted:
My wife doesn't demand that I send her flowers to the office, but some of her colleagues boyfriend do, so I do the same. Better play safe and make her happy. Mr Kelvin Yeo,30 an advertising and promotions executive


Eh, Mr Kelvin be smarter abit can? Haven't you realize that it is an egg and chicken situation? What you (and others) should be doing is to find out who is the one sending the flowers (and spoiling the market).

It could jolly well be a case of self giving flowers like above mentioned.

If it isn't, then have a good heart to heart talk between 2 men and tell (threaten) him not to do it next year. A whack or two on the head might help persuade him.

If all else fails, ask (threaten) your girl friend/wife to transfer to another department.

****************************************

Love makes fool of men aye. How true?

1 Comments:

Blogger siying said...

haha! very funny leh... yap i saw the article then was thinking like: woo win liao loh jus one v-day aso many things to think abt sigh... but then again no partner so aso nothing to think abt haha less headache (me lar, like one who didnt have the grapes think they are sour) haha but ya think the flower shop is the beneficial of all!

8:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home