Sunday, February 06, 2005

Chasing a lost cause

I was having difficultly sleeping and so decided to read some of the stuff that I have written earlier. Then I came upon this piece of writing that I have written and which I particularly like because it carries a little moral to the end of the story. Decided to post it up to this blog to compensate for my long absence last week.
(I was just lazy to blog something new lah.. you are right smartie-pants)

Guess some of your guys have read this before but its ok.

Feel free to leave comments about what you think. = )

Wednesday June 27th 2004

Today an interesting analogy came into my mind.

My friends and I were walking to a bus stop when the bus we were waiting for zoomed past us. Without a moment hesitation, one of my friends just went sprinting after the bus, while the other friend and I were thinking that we would not be able to catch the bus. In the end, persistency paid off and due to the efforts of my friend, the bus driver waited for all three of us to board the bus.

I think chasing a bus that is a long way off translates to how a person reacts to chasing a lost cause in love. I was thinking of how silly I would appear if I would to sprint after the bus and I failed to board the bus. The other friend told me he didn’t bother to sprint because he is too passive. The friend who went after the bus said he felt warm and didn’t want to wait. (If you feel that this example and what I am saying so far is just pure rubbish pls avert your eyes.)

This is roughly equivalent to our character, one who is passive, one who is overly concern with how others perceive oneself, and one who is simple and single track. Funny enough, it takes a bus to reveal that differences in character amplify themselves in our daily actions to the smallest details.

1 Comments:

Blogger siying said...

actually ya i read before but i never ask myself what would i do if i saw the bus leaving. i would think of a lot of factors before deciding if to chase after the bus or not... i would think, am i carrying alot of stuff, if i chase the bus would i get it, is there space on the bus for me... i guess if i really have to relate to my own character, its quite true. it means that even though i might have what i love, i dont always would chase for it, because i am too indecisive already. so what i can only hope is (ya you are right if you are thinking: hard to change ar! sigh) to have a bus that will stop there for me, so that i wouldnt need to chase after. :)

happy chinese new year! keep writing! i enjoy reading your stuff. and ya even though you sometimes very long then update, i almost everyday also here (as long as i am at my own blog!)

8:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home