Monday, November 21, 2005

Fifth Season of Love

I guess this is another of my weird exam behaviour. I was reading my old entries and I remember this entry as one of my favourite. Since Xmas is approaching, and memories fade more and more each year, I just thought it was appropriate to share this entry with a bigger group of friends. (Damn I realise I didnt accomplish my resolutions for this year too!)

Sunday, December 19, 2004

In a complete contrast to my previous entry, this month being the month of Xmas, I will try to be a little more jovial and add a tinge of colour and life to my entry.

The festival of love and giving is approaching fast. Time to do Xmas cards! I haven’t done that for a long time, and sending out Xmas cards have always been hap-hazard and very last minute events.

There are a couple of people in my Xmas cards list this year mainly friends who I have been too busy to catch up with. Hoping to write a personal note to each and everyone of them.

There are four seasons in a year. But I like to think there are five seasons in total. The last season being the last week of the year and the first few days of the New Year. Why you might ask? Well, firstly there is Xmas within this “fifth” season. Xmas carols and sights of artificial red snowman, colorful lights and glittering crystals on display downtown. The mood of love does get into you and you feel that the end of year is coming and you can’t help but have a warm fuzzy feeling to it.

Secondly, there is also New Year within this fifth season. Well, I don’t celebrate the New Year since the Chinese custom is to celebrate the Chinese New year which falls in the middle of the month, but nevertheless the public holiday is a welcome sight. Having two public holidays allow you some precious time for you to spend with your love ones and friends who are working.

Lastly, A birthday falls within this “fifth” season. When this fifth season approaches, I have always wondered how she is doing and laments how it could have been. I never ask her out again after such a long lapse and I don’t know how to bring up the issue again.

And with the coming of a New Year, I will make some New Year resolution as usual. This year was particularly disappointing because I didn’t manage to do most of the resolutions that I have, a blemish on my otherwise proud record of achieving most of my New Near resolutions previously. I will see how things materialize when the times comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home