Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A pack of Lies

26 April 2006
Mr Kok Junfeng
Engineer
XXX Dept

Dear Junfeng,

SALARY ADJUSTMENT

We are pleased to inform you that with effect from 1 April 2007, your monthly salary has been adjusted to $2XXX.XX.

Apart from the... blah blah blah

On behalf of the Company, (spelt with a capital C for crap) we wish to thank you for your contributions and trust that you will continue to give your best, (you wish) working with the entire XXX team to bring the Company (spelt with a capital C for Cut the Crap) to greater heights.

Congratulation and best wishes for a happy rewarding career with XXX. (Hahahaha That WAS a joke right?)

Your sincerely,

XXXXXXX
(seriously I dun really care but you could consider replacing George Carlin)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Know the difference between a pay raise and a pay adjustment?

I DID'NT till now.

When you have done a fair amount of work and received praise from your boss and a pat on your back and "this is your reward for your hard work".
You would have really thought it was something special......

Then the painful truth rear its ugly head.

Ugly Truth 1:

Almost everyone I knew who started work at the same time as me gotten a "raise".

Ok..... Now is not a time to get jealous... perhaps everyone has been working really hard and putting in long hours but it just happen that when I go home.... I dont see anyone else in the office............. Everyone is doing alot of work back in their home PC......... Everyone is working soooo hard.......

Then... came the defining moment and the straw that broke the camel back.

Ugly Truth 2:

All the freshies into the Company (Capital C for cheapskates) are now drawing the same pay as me AFTER the pay RAISE.

Complete BS. You dont package a pay adjustment as a pay raise, although to be fair it was written in the Company (Capital C for cunning) letter that is was an "adjustment". But still........ You Call a spade a spade!!! Dont disguise it as a raise! I feel so cheated.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Awakening revelations

No 1: Nobody really appreciate my work.

The truth is probably HR manager ask my boss if I should be part of the name list so I can get the same pay as the freshies. Boss probably type Y-E-S and click the "send" button using his mouse in precisely 1.654 seconds. He then spend a further 14.38 seconds saying "thanks for your hard work" and proceed to spend 1.87 seconds dragging his hand from besides his trousers hem to my right shoulder..... while maintaining a "encouraging tone". Look, this is indeed a classic man-management example at its very best. No effort required on his part, worker feel immensely happy and loyalty is brought for nothing. That is till someone leak the Company (Capital C for Classic Crap) hic secrets.

No 2: I have to work even harder to get my next pay raise.

Since my slate is clean now because I start from ground zero after I have gotten a pay raise (in his opinion) and my earlier hard work has come to naught. Now I have to improve from a higher starting point.

No 3: I threw the damn Saturday papers away.

I think that spoke for itself. $@&^%%#*&%^

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's time to take out the Recruit section of the Straits Times and start looking for a company that doesn't exploit their employees, non?

10:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home